Monday, June 9, 2008

He Made Character an Issue

I've been struggling with how to approach John McCain's extremely rich and complicated personal history. There's a principled argument that the private should not be political, and I'm still wrestling with it. That said, it's important to note that McCain is inviting us to scrutinize his life:


So, you know, we shouldn't feel so bad about bringing honor and elements of McCain's biography into this.


I will not lie
I will not cheat
I will not steal
I will report the student who does


Words for an opposition researcher to live by, I guess.

Moving on, that ad is hilarious:
1) What's with the headless rockstar? Were no actual rockstars available? Have they all endorsed Obama?
2) Incense?
3) Some school you've got there. Honor means ratting out your friends?

Reminds me of this:

No comments: